- 12,365 hits
Bedford NY Realtor Archives
- The color #Watery #Blue Is Summer’s Best #Hue | Bedford Corners Real Estate bit.ly/1Hzh6NN 2 days ago
- Beautifully Restored Marcel #Breuer #Masterpiece | Pound Ridge Real Estate bit.ly/1HzgZSc 2 days ago
- May Gains for #Residential #Construction Spending | Bedford Hills Real Estate bit.ly/1HzgUxS 2 days ago
- U.S. Housing Markets Strengthen | Bedford NY Real Estate bit.ly/1NreTSW 3 days ago
- Mortgage Rates Average 4.02% | Cross River Real Estate bit.ly/1Nlxkcf 3 days ago
- Renting: Awful for just about everyone right now | Chappaqua Real Estate bit.ly/1R1qoXm 3 days ago
- Boost Your All-White #Color Scheme | #Katonah Real Estate bit.ly/1LqPiuM 3 days ago
- #Pending Sales Continue #Momentum | Armonk Real Estate bit.ly/1R1qqys 3 days ago
- #Renting: Awful for just about everyone right now | #Chappaqua Real Estate bit.ly/1R1qoXm 3 days ago
- Pending Sales Continue Momentum | Armonk Real Estate | Bedford New York Real Estate | Bedford NY... fb.me/6HxrKb66I 4 days ago
- Renting: Awful for just about everyone right now | Chappaqua Real Estate | Bedford New York Real... fb.me/7t2EGyd8c 4 days ago
- #California housing market slows considerably | North Salem Real Estate bit.ly/1eMpY67 4 days ago
- #Pending #Sales Continue Momentum | Armonk Real Estate bit.ly/1R1qqys 4 days ago
- #Renting: Awful for just about everyone right now | Chappaqua Real Estate bit.ly/1R1qoXm 4 days ago
- Let's Spy on Ira Rennert's Mega #Mansion | Cross River Homes bit.ly/1CavZn1 5 days ago
- Al Capone's Fantastically Historic Miami House | #Armonk Real Estate bit.ly/1Gc3ZyQ 5 days ago
- Philip Johnson's Elevated, Exceptional Wiley House Asks $14M | Waccabuc Real Estate bit.ly/1GaLnfP 5 days ago
- U.S. #Housing Markets #Strengthen | Bedford NY Real Estate bit.ly/1QYR8Yj 5 days ago
- Boost Your All-White #Color #Scheme | #Katonah Real Estate bit.ly/1LqPiuM 5 days ago
- In the Horse Race for #Millennials, is Renting Gaining on Buying? | Waccabuc Real Estate bit.ly/1Lfltel 5 days ago
Robert Paul RealtorArmonk Armonk Homes Armonk Homes for Sale Armonk NY Armonk NY Homes Armonk NY Homes for Sale Armonk NY Real Estate Bedford Bedford Corners Bedford Corners Homes for Sale Bedford Corners Luxury Homes Bedford Corners NY Bedford Corners NY Homes Bedford Corners NY Real Estate Bedford Corners Real Estate for Sale Bedford Hills Bedford Hills Luxury Homes bedford hills new york Bedford Hills NY Bedford Hills NY Homes Bedford Hills NY Real Estate Bedford Homes for Sale Bedford NY Bedford NY Homes Bedford NY Luxury Homes Bedford NY Real Estate Chappaqua Chappaqua Homes Chappaqua Homes for Sale Chappaqua NY Chappaqua NY Homes Chappaqua NY Homes for Sale Chappaqua NY Real Estate Chappaqua Real Estate Cross River Homes for Sale Cross River NY Cross River NY Homes Cross River NY Real Estate Katonah Homes for Sale Katonah Luxury Homes Katonah NY Katonah NY Homes Katonah NY Real Estate Katonah Real Estate Mount Kisco NY Real Estate Mt Kisco Homes Mt Kisco Luxury Homes Mt Kisco Real Estate North Salem North Salem NY North Salem NY Homes for Sale North Salem NY Real Estate North Salem Real Estate pound ridge pound ridge homes for sale pound ridge luxury homes pound ridge ny Pound Ridge NY Homes Pound Ridge NY Real Estate Pound Ridge Real Estate South Salem South Salem Homes South Salem NY Homes South Salem NY Real Estate South Salem Real Estate Waccabuc Homes Waccabuc Luxury Real Estate Waccabuc NY Waccabuc NY Homes waccabuc ny real estate Westchester Westchester Homes Westchester NY Westchester NY Homes Westchester Real Estate
Pending home sales rose 3.4% in April to the highest level since May 2006. The home builder sentiment bounced back after dipping in March and housing starts jumped 20% in April from March. Home prices also rose more than expected in March; the S&P/Case-Shiller index gained 5% year-over-year in 20 cities.
Housing’s brightening outlook is welcome news, not just for homeowners but also for home flippers, said Nav Athwal, the CEO of Realty Shares, an online real estate investment marketplace. “Markets like Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville and Orlando present opportunities in terms of both available supply for flipping and also large returns…and we’ll see this trend continue,” said Athwal.
According to RealtyTrac, 4% of all single family home sales in this country in the first quarter were flips. Florida dominated the list for top markets for home flipping. But when it came to making a profit, flippers in the Baltimore area saw a whopping 94% return. “Markets like Baltimore have less supply, thus profit margins push up. Another similar market is Memphis, there’s not a lot of supply in the market, so the home flippers that successfully acquire the supply are better able to flip a profit better,” said Athwal.
If I had to depend on Wall Street or Washington for an explanation of what ails the U.S. financial economy, I’d probably pick neither one. My choice would be John Griffin, a cowboy boots-wearing University of Texas financial professor, who has been on something of a roll.
Six years before Standard & Poor’s agreed to pay $1.4 billion to settle state and federal government lawsuits alleging it inflated credit ratings on securitized mortgage debt, Griffin revealed—with mathematical precision—how S&P degraded its own analytical model to issue puffed-up grades.
U.S. construction spending climbed in April to the highest level in more than six years, fueled by healthy gains in housing, government spending and non-residential construction.
The Commerce Department says construction spending advanced 2.2 percent in April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1 trillion, the highest level since November 2008. Spending had risen a more modest 0.5 percent in March.
The gain included a 0.6 percent rise in residential construction and a 3.1 percent jump in non-residential activity such as office buildings, hotels and shopping centers. Government projects increased 3.3 percent, reflecting the biggest jump in spending on state and local projects in three years.