The discovery of a mosquito carrying the West Nile virus in Norwalk last week renews the summer fear of insect bites.
The Connecticut Mosquito Management Program advises the best way to avoid the West Nile virus is to lower your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes.
Here are steps to take to avoid the annoying summer pests, according to the Mosquito Management Program:
- Minimize time spent outdoors between dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
- Be sure door and window screens are tight-fitting and in good repair.
- Wear shoes, socks, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt when outdoors for long periods or when mosquitoes are most active. Clothing should be light colored and made of tightly woven materials that keep mosquitoes away from the skin.
- Use mosquito netting when sleeping outdoors or in an unscreened structure and to protect babies when outdoors.
- Consider the use of mosquito repellent, according to directions, when outdoors.
Bedford New York Real Estate | Bedford NY Homes by Robert Paul Realtor » Blog Archive » Greenwich, Take Steps To Avoid Mosquitoes And West Nile Virus | Cross River Real Estate.